Sunday, August 14, 2011


Perla has this huge birthmark on her left forearm, I don't remember what the dr. called it. It's this bright red and pink pigment speckled across almost her entire arm, almost like a bruise. 

I can't count how many people, strangers and not, have gasped and told me, "don't you worry honey! I've heard these things fade!" As if I'd actually worry about a perfectly healthy and beautifully unique trademark. I always hate when people give unsolicited parenting advice or "tips" or whatever it's considered (usually something of the unwelcome you're-doing-it-wrong variety). I'm sure it's just an older generation thing, and I'll probably find myself slipping up and doing it every now and then (oh wait, no I won't), but I don't think an odd birthmark warrants such remarks. So what! Who cares! 

Anyway, I absolutely love it and honestly I'll be a little sad the day the last little bit of it fades. 



0 comments: