Wednesday, August 17, 2011












We recently took a quick weekend trip to Page for my father's surprise 50th birthday party. We caravanned with Andrew and Chels, taking a small detour through Oak Creek before making our way up. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and such a nice break from the miserable weather we've had this summer. We took the kiddos and walked down to the creek, stopping along the way to climb through old ruins and pick wild blackberries.

The party itself was fun. Busy. It was nice to catch up with family we haven't seen in years. Ava danced and danced and danced, only stopping long enough to shovel a piece of cake into her  mouth. Sadly, I took no photos during the party (go figure), and the only photos taken over the weekend were with my Instagram app (photo dump here soon). 

In other news, I have been obsessed with The Whitest Boy Alive station on Pandora. I used to love Lykke Li's station, and while I still think it's good, this one is so much better. Seriously, Pandora is genius. When we're not listening to Pandora, Ava begs for ABBA's Mamma Mia. I've probably heard it 1219489204 times in the last month, and she has the chorus memorized (which is actually the coolest thing ever). 





0 comments: